Tuesday 25 October 2011

squeaky clean hair tip!

Good day beauty addicts,
One of the three everyonelovesbeautyettes here (hmm must come up with a better name to describe the three of us -perhaps the three beautettes, in beauty musketeer fashion?) -I might call myself the glossbandit to differentiate myself.

I came across a rather unusual product the other day after a friend mentioned it, thought I would share it with you!

Redken Sea Polish. Basically, it’s a scrub… but for your hair, not your face or body!

The idea of rubbing a scrub into one’s hair is not everyone’s cup of tea  and  as anyone who has tried to remove the salt and sand from a day at the beach from long hair could attest, it sounds like a fright to remove from long locks!

Right?
Hmm well actually… its not.  It’s so crazily easy to get rid of it’s ridiculous! Just washes right out J

So what does the product actually do?
First things first, it’s an exfoliator.  As we know with a normal face or body exfoliator, this gently buffs away impurities and removes dead skin cells, leaving a fresh and clean surface on the skin and body.  Same thing for the hair! It cleanses and exfoliates the hair shaft, removing product build up and restoring hair to a clean base.

I was a bit perplexed when I heard this, and set about busily trying this out for myself.
After easily  scrubbing the product through, washing out as normal, I found the hair felt cleaner and softer.  I think it also helped my piece of mind to think my hair had been removed of product build up (personally I think I put more product in my hair than on my face, but don’t wash it off as often as my face).

I did notice a little more frizz than usual the first time I used this product, but after a few weeks (using this product weekly) that settled down, and the hair looks healthier and shinier!

I would recommend using this if you are worried about product build up.  If you use minimal products I would probably say you could skip this product, but it’s up to you!

Retail for approximately $28.00 (all hair care stockists such as Petra Hair Care should have Redken brand)


And tell me:
-has anyone tried this product out?
-if so, yay or nay, does it work?
-are you as intrigued by the idea of hair exfoliator as I am?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a weird concept - exfoliate your hair?

    I wonder if it would work well with dry shampoo? I like the laziness of dry shampoo, but have been worried about using it, due to the residual buildup. Perhaps exfoliating your hair afterward would cancel it out?

    p.s the Argan oil is amazing! I bought it based on your recommendation and after only 3 day of using it, my hair is so soft, has less frizz and the curl has come back! (I had amazing curls until I dyed the crap out of my hair).

    Welcome back curls!

    ReplyDelete