Friday 28 October 2011

Halloweeeen



Hey Ladies (and Gentlemen),


Even though Halloween isn't massively celebrated in Australia its still fun to get into the spirit of it with make up, costumes and crazy hair - maybe even some fun decorations for your house! :) This is especially true if you are attending a Halloween party!!


There are soooo many looks/characters to choose from - you can literally go as ANYONE or ANYTHING!! But i've chosen a romantic/gothic Tim Burton look, inspired by (Tim Burton and his characters obviously..) But also Michelle Phan and her wonderful YouTube videos teaching us how to create such looks - and making it look ridiculously easy. It so was not as easy as she makes it look.. but anyway - Heres my experience! :) - - -


I started by curling my hair as curly and whimsical-y/romantical as possible. I also applied my moisturiser, primer, foundation, setting powder and eye shadow primer. I then filled in my brows with Benefit Brow-Zings.


Next I followed the steps of Michelle Phan's video to create my smokey purple/black eye (using many different shades and eye shadow palettes). Applied about 5 layers of mascara and contoured my cheeks with blush (rimmel) then used my Benefit Daffodil on the apples of my cheeks.
I concealed my lips, then lightly pressed my lipstick onto my lips with my finger.
I then messed up my curls by running my fingers through to separate them, and getting as much volume as possible, finishing with hairspray.
And Voila! This is the finished look!




These are the products I used  >>>

VS Sassoon hair curler and ghd hair clips to hold my hair in place while I curled it

(Photographed in the order I used them - and no need to say the names because they are pretty clear..right?) :)

Brow-zings Benefit eyebrow kit in 'light', momo cosmetics eye shadow palette (bought from Sasa in Hong Kong), Revlon colourstay 12 hour eyeshadow in '13 Lavender Meadow' (I used the darkest purple colour, at the bottom of the palette), Maybelline 'The Falsies' in Very Black/Noir Intense, Avon eyeliner in 'Black Noir' (I forgot to include it in the picture, but I used my Shu Uemura eyelash curler before the mascara)

Benefit blush in 'dandelion', Rimmel blush in 003 Autumn Catwalk, M.A.C Viva Glam lipstick in 'Gaga Lustre' 

Hairspray to keep my curls in place and perfume to finish the look.. 'La Lune' is mysterious and edge and super sexy - not sure if it really suits me, but I like wearing it occasionally when I go out at night time. 

And ANOTHER photo of me.. I seriously could not stop flicking my hair around!! haha


So there it is! My chosen Halloween look.. Check out Michelle Phan's YouTube account, specifically the video that I got the inspiration from - HERE.


To be honest I'm not completely happy with the eyeshadow, but I have small eyelids so I need to 'pick my battles' and accept it lol.. And although I really like my finished hair, if I ever need super curly hair again I will definitely buy a wig! an hour and a half is way too long to be doing my hair.. haha


So ladies, What do you think of this look?
                What costume/look are you going to be wearing for Halloween, if anything?
                Have you heard of Michelle Phan before? If not check out her videos!! they're great! :)


-Kathy xx

3 comments:

  1. Those are some awesome curls you have there! What are your tips to get the curls to stay that bouncy (mine never stay that way!)

    and I personally think the eyeshadow looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks glossbandit!! :) I used a hair curler, not my ghd so I think the curls were naturally tighter from that, then i put hair spray in them. I also didn't put mousse or anything in them- so they weren't weighed down at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You looked great, well done! Love your romantic Halloween look!

    x

    ReplyDelete