Sunday 30 October 2011

Halloweeen version 3.0!

Good evening, lovelies!

I'll let you in on a secret; I love Halloween, and I've always been rather disappointed that I've never been able to experience 'trick or treating' in the United States, where Halloween is celebrated with a passion!

I love the idea of being able to dress up in costumes, go crazy with your make-up, overindulge in spooky-themed candy and generally have a great excuse to scare the crap out of your friends! Unfortunately, I won't really be able to get the chance to do much of that this year, as Halloween falls on a Monday and I will be at work for most of it.

I have, however, made arrangements to have dinner with friends at an American restaurant here in Melbourne (TGIF), which I know will be getting into the spirit of things by having their waitresses/waiters dress up and even putting together a little ghost house for the kiddies! Now, as I'll be going to dinner straight after work, I won't really have much of a chance to dress up as such, and so I'll just be experimenting with my hair and make up a wee bit, and possibly popping on a cute headband to complete my 'look'.

To give you an idea of what I'm talking about, I'll be doing something like this:






I'm calling this 'channelling my inner she-demon'...all I've done is use some grey eyeshadow for a smokey eye, black eyeliner on the upper and lower lids, a smidge of pale gold liner on my waterline, and lashings of mascara. I also drew on some 'tears' with liquid eyeliner, and applied a wee bit of glitter to the tears to make them stand out. I used some brow powder to fill, darken and shape my eyebrows slightly (because every she-demon deserves dark, well accentuated brows!). I then applied some concealer to my lips to block out my natural lip colour, and finished off with a nude lipstick. Last but not least, I popped on a cute headband with horns to complete my look!

I think having a pale, shimmery polish or dark polish would go really well. In these photos, I was wearing Orly 'Go Go', which I picked out when I had a manicure three days ago.

However, since GlossBandit informed us all that the Sally Hansen limited edition nail polish strips for Halloween were available in Australia, I just HAD to go out and pick some up to wear with my new look, and 45 minutes of painstaking application later, voila!

 I used 'Spun for you', which is a metallic silver with lacy black cobwebs over it.

Sally Hansen nail polish strips: Spun for you



Well, that's all from me, beauties! I hope you all have an ah-mah-zing Halloween!


Much love,
MM.

3 comments:

  1. Your eye makeup looks so great!! and those nails are seriously amazing!!!! I cant believe they took 45 minutes to apply though! arent they supposed to be quick application? haha are they still going strong with no chips? im seriously considering getting some!! :)
    kathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! and those nails do look fantastic, I wish we could wear them all year round!

    They are very quick application xkms -just pop them on the nails, wipe them down so there is no air bubbles and trim the edges! they can last well over a week without any chipping (they are a bugger to get off the nails though!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies!

    They took me 45 minutes to apply because I had a lot of trouble with one finger...it just refused to adhere properly, and as they are quite metallic, any flaw would be very evident if you didn't put it on properly! They can rip a bit if you don't smooth it down very gently.

    I left them on for about 5 days before I took them off. They looked pretty good but there was just the teensiest bit of wear on the tips after a few days, even with top coat on top.

    Glossbandit, I managed to get them off without too much drama, I think it only took about 5 minutes to get it all off.

    ReplyDelete