Saturday 22 October 2011

Spoiler Alert: New OPI Collection!

Has anyone noticed the most recent OPI mini collection???
If you haven’t, about to give you a spoiler alert………

Da daa da da (my impression of a drum roll)… it’s the MUPPETS SHOW!!!!

Yep that’s right, apparently you can turn a troupe of crazy furry puppets into nail polish shades, complete with cute as a button names!

I won’t divulge all the colours and names (you may want to rush out and peruse them yourself, I can’t ruin the surprise for you!) but I will shine the spotlight on just one of the colours, with a gorgeous name:

Gone Gonzo!


What could also be construed as the Cookie Monster on acid (he he), this is a bright electric blue glitter with silvery flakes….craziness!

I have to admit I wasn’t sold on the colour just by viewing the bottle alone, rather I started lusting after it when I saw it being worn.
Perhaps this picture will help you judge it better:

I have used three coats, I found two quite enough for coverage (very sheer with just one coat) but three gave a nice coating…I then topped it with a clear coat (to smooth down the rough edges of the glitter) and sprinkled a dot of OPI rapid dry over the top (a lovely little product that makes the nail polish dry toot de suit)

A full size bottle from the OPI collection will set you back $19,95, there is also a mini pack of 4 colours with little bottles for $24.95… just suss out the colours though, I prefer the other shades than the ones in this pack J
Best location for the biggest range of OPI is David Jones (and very helpful staff) or selected chemists and cosmetic chain stores.


Happy OPI hunting everyone!

PS -a little update, three days on and the nail polish has not chipped once (not at all!)... however when I had to remove it, the stubborn polish refused to budge! It took an hour and a big bottle of nail polish remover to get the glitter off -just bear this in mind if you need to remove it quickly :)

4 comments:

  1. I have to admit from looking at the bottle I wasn't loving the colour.. but you are so right, on the nails it looks amazing!! I seriously need this colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I also did not like the color in the bottle, but when it is on, it looks fresh and glamorous. Good to know that it doesn't chip but a bugger that it is hard to get off.

    Great name too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quick note, I find using the soak method always works well with glitter polishes!

    Where you soak a cotton pad in acetone polish, pop it on the fingernail, wrap it with tin foil (to prevent the acetone evaporating), wait 1 minute and remove...it usually swipes off cleanly. A lot less grief than scrubbing at it for ages!

    ReplyDelete