Monday 21 November 2011

Makeup at the gym


Everyone has a different opinion about wearing makeup at the gym/ when you exercise, and I know people that are against it, are STRONGLY against it.. Giving such reasons as :

- It clogs your pores
- It's gonna rub off any way
- It's superficial and vain
- It's the gym ffs, you're there to work out, not impress people!
etcetera etcetera...

And while these are all valid points and I agree with some of them.. I still prefer to wear makeup when I go to the gym. And before you think me superficial and vain .. I didn't wear makeup to the gym today.. And when I caught a glimpse of my bright red, blotchy face in the mirror I remembered why I usually do. Yep, I'm super pale, which means when I get any sort of sweaty or hot, my face goes all red (not just my cheeks) and I get kinda (a lot) embarrassed. Makeup covers up the red mostly, so that I'm left with a healthy red glow instead of this:

For example... (hope this chick doesn't mind me using her picture...) lol
So you get the picture.. and maybe see my reasoning for covering up with makeup - so that I don't feel self conscious and can get on with my work out!! :)
And although I do wear makeup, I never go further then foundation and setting powder.. I'm not one of those people with mascara and lipstick or anything..

Yay for dance aerobics!

Of course I remove my makeup when I get home, and I will admit I'm lucky(?)  to have skin that isn't oily and doesn't break out heaps - so the makeup doesn't seem to impact too badly on my skin. Also because I use either primer or setting powder for extra staying power, I find that my foundation doesn't rub off on my towel. :)

While we're on the topic of exercise.. I don't generally watch film clips, especially not the ones with the girls writhing around in nothing.. but OMG.. my gym has music and video clips to watch while we work out, and seeing those super fit girls dancing around in their underwear is pretty much the best.motivation.EVER! haha


So tell me..                                                                                                        
Do you wear makeup while you work out?
Do you like dance aerobics as much as me?
What's your favourite type of exercise?
Do you work out more in summer? I sure do! :)

-Kathy xx

4 comments:

  1. I never wear makeup to the gym, unless I have come after work but I only use mineral foundation/bronzer/blush so it's not too bad since my skin can still breathe.

    I like any kind of exercise, I'm just terrible at doing it regurlarly...:)

    I actually work out more in winter because it gives me something to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha im the opposite ingrid! im soo bad with working out in winter.. for some reason i feel way more active in summer.. even though its boiling hot usually lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. xKMS, I'm with you! To each his/her own, I see nothing wrong with wearing a bit of foundation or cover to even your skintone!

    Yes, we are there to work out, but it doesn't mean we have to look ugly doing it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might put on a light lip gloss but nothing other than that. I love makeup but I never worry about other people when I work out. I probably should put on a full face, I am also I bright red person when I work out. But then I wouldn't have the wow moment when people see me out of the gym. Wow, that crazy exercising beetroot actually looks like a normal person when out in the real world. Rachel xx

    www.redcliffestyle.com

    ReplyDelete