Tuesday 15 November 2011

Glitter Inspiration -how about a half moon mani?

It would well appear that us at Everybody Loves Beauty has a wicked addiction to glitter nail polish right now –luckily for us, it’s the hottest new nail trend for this summer!

I understand completely that not everyone is a glitter addict like ourselves, and perhaps don’t want their talons glitter like little disco balls…..

On that note, I have tried out another way to use my previous blog about Gone Gonzo (wicked blue glitter from the Muppets collection at OPI) to good use as a feature on my nails rather than the main attraction!


I have been most anxious to try the new type of manicure around –the ‘Half Moon Mani’ –basically a french manicure, however the bottom of the nail has a half moon of colour, rather than the top strip.  What better way than to add a hint of glitter than to use it as the half moon colour?

And…

VOILA!

So easy to achieve in just three steps:

1.       Base coat: I used Skull and Glossbones from the OPI Pirates of the Carribean collection (ahh I love OPI)
2.       Carefully dot the Gone Gonzo on the bottom of the nail and shape into a half moon.  You can buy stickers as a template to get the perfect shape (or use masking tape ).  I prefer not to use these as I can’t get the shape right J
3.       Whack a top coat of clear gloss over it (smooths over the glitter and keeps the whole look staying in its place)
4.       I also added a cheeky layer of OPI Drip Dry (a sneaky step 4 in a 3 step process) because I was much too impatient to allow my nails to dry properly on their own!

Hope this provides a little inspiration for your next manicure, happy nail polishing everyone!


xx Gloss Bandit

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Glad you're getting some good use out of Gone Gonzo! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! the colours go together perfectly and its a great, subtle way to use it for work!:)

    ReplyDelete